Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blue meets Bo

The first 20 minutes we're home after school are enough make my shoulders tense.  Everyone is tired, hungry, trying to talk to me, trying to yell at the other sibling who is also trying to talk to me.  It's a bit of a mad house around here.  Add to it the unloading of the car (did we take a trip or just go to school today?), the scramble for a snack, the energy of Will flying through the house looking for his tractors, finding them and then whizzing by on the hardwood floor at great speeds (watch your toes), little voices asking for help with homework, Blue running back and forth greeting us all....it's a whirlwind.  It feels like those 20 minutes are enough to earn me that occasional glass of wine I have some nights.   

I usually go ahead and let Blue outside for a while to lessen the craziness.  A week or so ago, in the midst of unpacking lunchboxes, hanging up coats, opening juice boxes, and trying to start dinner, I caught a glimpse of this little exchange happening outside.  I put everything down immediately, grabbed the camera and headed outside to see if I could capture some of it.  I tried to get the kids to come outside to watch with me, but I think they were arguing over the last of the Cheez-its or something.  That's okay.  It was nice and quiet and Blue and Bo were able to get acquainted.  I love these. 


Those dogs are HUGE! 

Oh no...they're coming over here! 



Maybe if I get into ATTACK mode...!

No.  Let me try to sneak up on 'em. 
 

Maybe I'll just try to say hi..."Hi guys!"
 
 
Oh, you are big...please don't hurt me...
 
 

Hello, Blue!
Sweet Bo, lowered his head to greet Blue
 
 

And then finished it off with a little kiss!   
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment