Sunday, November 18, 2012

Favorite weekend

One of my favorite weekends each year is the one spent camping out with my oldest girl scout and her troop.  I love everything about it.  The camping, the great group of girls, the fantastic moms, the food, the activities, all of it!  The one on one time with Kate is a gift.  And I do adore this group of girls.  They have been together as a troop since Kindergarten at Monte Cassino and led by my friend and girl scout leader extraordinaire, Laura Darden!  I don't know how long these girls will continue with girl scouts.  I think by 5th or 6th grade I had given it up for other, more time consuming, activities.  My hope is for at least ONE more year together.  And when these girls go their separate ways with soccer, cheerleading, dance, etc. taking precedence, I think I will organize a campout for the moms.  We have as much fun as the girls!  Until next year, Camp Tallchief!

The girls of Troop #596


Cannot believe she almost looks me in the eye!

Beautiful Zink Ranch

Katniss, who?   


More fall beauty

Trail ride

   

No comments:

Post a Comment